Although our church building has an impressive front that you see at the top of the page, a short distance behind that, it changes into an ageing timber building with a tin roof! Apart from urgent repairs needed, its shape and layout do not allow it room for development and growth.
To remedy these issues, we have started a building project with the intention to:
- Widen the seating area of the church, remedying the "tunnel effect" in the mid timber section and opening up the whole space for the congregation to worship. This will also increase the seating capacity in the church.
- To increase the size of the hall with improved kitchen and toilet facilities giving mutual benefit to the community for functions and private hire.
- Provide an attractive and welcoming entrance area from Eddeys Lane with potential for a community cafe facility. This will visually match the masonry section that faces Grayshott Road. (Pictured at the top of the page).
- Provide better facilities, utilities and storage for all.
St Francis Community Church is not just for Sundays!
It will help us to:
- Provide an improved facility for the community for activities during the week as well as Sundays.
- Remain relevant and appropriate to the changing times and serve the needs of the surrounding community of Headley Down.
- Give the church the space and facilities to develop and grow.
Whole Church Meeting to announce the Phased Building Project
A change in approach was adopted in the latter half of 2017, where instead of doing the building project as one single construction operation, we would do it in three phases, the first phase (shown in light blue in the picture) would be mainly funded from our existing reserve.
We will be holding a whole church meeting to announce building plans in the near future. A date will be confirmed in due course and the meeting will be open to all members and friends of St Francis.